Bee Excited – meet our Foodie tour partner Greytown Honey!
Ever wondered what it would be like to get up close to a live beehive – and safely?
Ever wondered how important bees are to human life?
Ever wondered how Honey is extracted from hive to your kitchen?
Well if you have pondered these questions then I have the answers for you!
Our most popular tour is our Martinborough Foodie tour where we visit a Cheesery, Olive Grove, Wineries and the Hero of Day – Greytown Honey. Here a buzzing good time is guaranteed. Yes, I know, I need to work on my humour, right?
So what’s so amazing about Greytown Honey and Kaewa Tours you may ask?
- For me, partnering with Owners/Beekeepers Karly and Alex Polaschek is one of the best business decisions I have made.
- Karly and Alex have similar business and ethical views to us. They only support small New Zealand owned family businesses, have strong sustainable and environmental practices and overall are genuinely nice friendly people.
- They love teaching my customers all facets of the Honey industry – from their Hive to your Kitchen. We also have a very nice surprise for you during the tour through the Factory.
- I can guarantee you that you will learn something during the day as well as tasting amazing Honey!
My customers ask me what my favourite honey is. Hands down, 100% it’s Karly and Alex’s Rewarewa Honey. I best describe this as rich liquid toffee!
True story – when Karly is doing tastings for my customers I have the uncanny knack of appearing in the tasting room just as the lid has come off the Rewarewa!
So what’s the benefit of experiencing a Food tour with Kaewa Tours and Greytown Honey?
- Apart from having a fabulous fun filled day both companies have recently been awarded a Qualmark Silver accreditation.
- This means we consistently exceed visitors expectations and focuses on performance to ensure we deliver a genuine, constantly improving and sustainable experience.
- The Silver Qualmark is evidence that we are committed to protecting our beautiful natural environment, enhancing connections with our local communities, whilst also delivering a quality, safe experience for all visitors.
So how do you experience a very unique Foodie tour?
- Head over to the Kaewa Tours website to book.
- We currently have a May Madness Special – 10% off all tours. T&C’s – tour booked before 31 May and taken between 1 and 31 May 2023. Enter MAYMADNESS10 at checkout to redeem.
The last word…
…comes from Karly – “You could say beekeeping is in our blood as we are fifth generation beekeepers. It’s an absolute pleasure working with Tom and Jill from Kaewa Tours. We love hosting Kaewa Tours customers on our beekeeping experience tours.”