Scenic South Wairarapa Full Day Tour
From Cheeses to Chocolates, Wine to a Wild Coast, the South Wairarapa region offers plenty of fabulous tastes and sights!
Enjoy a guided private full day tour to the magnificent South Wairarapa region visiting artisan food producers, sample world class wines and enjoy a majestic scenic drive to the southern most point of the North Island – Cape Palliser!
Tastings at Poppies with Winemaker/Owner Poppy Hammond
Cape Palliser Lighthouse
Cape Palliser Seal Colony
Tastings at Greytown Honey with Beekeeper/Owner Karly Polaschek
- Scenic drive from Wellington up through the Hutt Valley the Kaitoke Regional Park located in the foot hills of the Tararua Ranges to walk through native rain forest and admire the majestic Kahikatea trees. We then visit the magical spot used as the set for Rivendell in the Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Stop briefly at the Remutaka Hill summit, 555 metres above sea level where we view the Remutaka Crossing monument commemorating 60,000 New Zealand troops who made the crossing from the Featherston Military Camp to the Port of Wellington in World War One
- Visit C’est Cheese in Featherston and sample award winning locally produced Cheeses (the visit to C’est Cheese is not available on Tuesdays)
- Visit Greytown Honey and sample a wide range of Honey including several Manuka Honeys and Honey Chocolate
- Enjoy a beautiful platter lunch at a local Martinborough winery featuring local produce
- Take a scenic drive to the southern most point of the North Island – Cape Palliser where you will walk 253 steps up to the Lighthouse
- NZ spring water, entry/tasting fees and lunch with 1 beverage of your choice
- Itinerary subject to change
All entry and tasting fees are included.
About Your Guide
Hi I’m Tom your Guide for your private, dedicated tour to the South Wairarapa region.
A self confessed foodie, lover of fine wine and all things the Wairarapa regioin has to offer I’m well appointed to show off this magical region to you.
Come experience the stunning South Wairarapa region with a guide who is passionate for all things this region has to offer – book now!
- Duration: 9 hours (9:30am – 6:30pm)
- Pick Up & Drop Off: Flexible within Wellington
- $467 per adult (2-4)
- $387 per adult (5-11)
- Solo travellers/single booking $667
- $157 per child
- Prices are in NZD and includes GST & booking fees
- Up to 11 people per group
- Itinerary subject to change
- Cruise ship passengers: This tour operates on a reduced itinerary to ensure safe and timely return to your ship
Your tour is a strictly private tour. We do not perform mixed group tours therefore your tour is strictly your own tour. Enjoy a full day with your group & tour guide.
“We booked a wine tour with Tom, who picked us up from our hotel in central Wellington.
From booking the tour Tom was great at communicating.
Tom chose four amazing family run vineyards which offered an amazing selection of wines. We were able to meet the owners and wine makers at all of the vineyards which made for a much more personal tour.”
“Tom was a highly knowledgeable and all-round amazing guide. The level of guest services was exceptional, right from before the tour started, throughout and after the tour ended. Bringing us along family owned wineries, we had the privilege to converse with the owners and wine makers, making the experience extremely special. Must also express the appreciation for sustainability, providing us with water bottles made out of plant matter. The experiences shared throughout the day will definitely be a great memory and one I will be sharing with others. Highly recommend and will book again in a heartbeat. Thank you again to Tom for such an amazing experience, and also Jill for baking beautiful orange muffins to enjoy on the ride back!”
From wineries to Wellington treasures; From Maori culture to Manuka honeybee hives; From Hahei Hot Water Beach to Hobbiton and all points in between… We are sure we experienced every inch of North Island, New Zealand with Tom’s and Jill’s Kaewa Tours. Cities, villages, farms, forests, islands, breweries, historic places, gardens, waterfalls, lakes, vistas, galleries and even a secret public restroom with the art of a famous Kiwi. Tom’s sense of humor, his sense of history, his sense of timing and penchant for the perfect itinerary, made for days of fun and no glitches. Every day we ran into someone Tom knew. It was the trip of a lifetime with memories and photos to last a lifetime. Thank you, Kaewa Tours.
I had friends from Barcelona visit New Zealand and Tom very kindly made up a custom package to the Wairarapa. What a fantastic day it was. Tom is very knowledgeable with the area and has a wonderful sense of humour. We visited C’est Cheese in Featherston, lunch at Poppies winery which was certainly a highlight, two other wineries, finishing off with a delightful dinner at the Martinborough Hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending Tom’s Kaewa tours. A first class tour.
If you really want a memorable, fun and informative guide to help you experience New Zealand – use Tom Collier! My wife and I have been on two trips with Tom, and thoroughly enjoyed his expertise, passion and…sense of humour! Tom loves New Zealand, his pride evident as he explains his country’s history, traditions and culture – as only a true Kiwi can! When these Canucks return to New Zealand (and we will) Tom will be the first Kiwi we call. The best.
If you want to cover off Martinborough for value and time look no further than booking a private tour with Tom from Kaewa Tours. He took us to the top wineries and we got to go to an olive tasting as well. He is professional, on time and knowledgeable about the area and happy to accommodate all of our requests. We will be joining him again for another tour, all and all a great day out!! Book him he is great!
Patricia and I have visited New Zealand for five weeks in February 2020 and we were lucky to be referred to Tom for a one day visit of the Martinborough vineyards and Cape Palliser. Our day trip was very well organized, included visits of four reputable vineyards, a drive down to Cape Palliser and excellent lunch and early dinner. We enjoyed very much Tom’s company, his comments about NZ, his safe driving and friendliness and we highly recommend using Tom’s services to visit New Zealand.