Kāpiti Coast Foodie Tour
Come experience the best tastes of the Kāpiti Coast!
Enjoy a guided private full-day Foodie tour featuring some of Kāpiti Coasts best artisan food and beverage producers.
- Scenic drive from Wellington to Pukerua Bay where we glimpse the stunning Kāpiti Coast for the first time
- Sample divine artisan chocolates at the Kāpiti Chocolate Factory and gain an understanding on what’s involved in producing chocolate – from the Cocoa bean to your taste buds!
- Visit The Roastery Kāpiti where you will undertake a Beans to Cup experience and take away your own freshly roasted coffee
- Sample locally distilled Gin, Vodka and Limoncello at The Bond Store
- Walk through a local multi award winning Olive Grove (Kāpiti Olives or Totara Tunnel Olives) with the Owner to understand what it takes to produce award winning Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Visit Elemental Cider for tastings of their award winning Ciders
- Sample botanical ice cream and learn how native spices are used to create a wide range of fabulous ice cream flavours with local Food Forager Mike King
- Enjoy lunch at one of Kāpiti’s stunning restaurants
- NZ spring water, entry/tasting fees and lunch with 1 beverage of your choice
- Itinerary subject to change
All entry/tasting fees are included.
Coffee roasting with Owners Pete Evans & Serena Harper from The Roastery / Raumati Coffee Co
Olive Grove tour with Brent Meldrum (Owner, Totara Tunnel Olives)
Limoncello, Gin and Vodka tastings with Owner Chris Barber & Bec Kay from Koakoa
About Your Guide
Hi I’m Tom your Guide for your private, dedicated tour.
I’ve been a local Kāpiti Coast resident for over 20 years and love showing off our piece of paradise to visitors, friends and family.
Come experience the beautiful Kāpiti Coast with a local – book now!
- Duration: 7 hours (9:30am – 4:30pm)
- Pick Up & Drop Off: Flexible within Wellington
- $467 per adult (2-4)
- $427 per adult (5-11)
- Solo travellers/single booking $667
- Prices are in NZD and includes GST & booking fees
- Up to 11 people per group
- Itinerary subject to change
Your tour is a strictly private tour. We do not perform mixed group tours therefore your tour is strictly your own tour. Enjoy a day with your group & tour guide.
“We booked a wine tour with Tom, who picked us up from our hotel in central Wellington.
From booking the tour Tom was great at communicating.
Tom chose four amazing family run vineyards which offered an amazing selection of wines. We were able to meet the owners and wine makers at all of the vineyards which made for a much more personal tour.”
“Tom was a highly knowledgeable and all-round amazing guide. The level of guest services was exceptional, right from before the tour started, throughout and after the tour ended. Bringing us along family owned wineries, we had the privilege to converse with the owners and wine makers, making the experience extremely special. Must also express the appreciation for sustainability, providing us with water bottles made out of plant matter. The experiences shared throughout the day will definitely be a great memory and one I will be sharing with others. Highly recommend and will book again in a heartbeat. Thank you again to Tom for such an amazing experience, and also Jill for baking beautiful orange muffins to enjoy on the ride back!”
From wineries to Wellington treasures; From Maori culture to Manuka honeybee hives; From Hahei Hot Water Beach to Hobbiton and all points in between… We are sure we experienced every inch of North Island, New Zealand with Tom’s and Jill’s Kaewa Tours. Cities, villages, farms, forests, islands, breweries, historic places, gardens, waterfalls, lakes, vistas, galleries and even a secret public restroom with the art of a famous Kiwi. Tom’s sense of humor, his sense of history, his sense of timing and penchant for the perfect itinerary, made for days of fun and no glitches. Every day we ran into someone Tom knew. It was the trip of a lifetime with memories and photos to last a lifetime. Thank you, Kaewa Tours.
I had friends from Barcelona visit New Zealand and Tom very kindly made up a custom package to the Wairarapa. What a fantastic day it was. Tom is very knowledgeable with the area and has a wonderful sense of humour. We visited C’est Cheese in Featherston, lunch at Poppies winery which was certainly a highlight, two other wineries, finishing off with a delightful dinner at the Martinborough Hotel. I would have no hesitation in recommending Tom’s Kaewa tours. A first class tour.
If you really want a memorable, fun and informative guide to help you experience New Zealand – use Tom Collier! My wife and I have been on two trips with Tom, and thoroughly enjoyed his expertise, passion and…sense of humour! Tom loves New Zealand, his pride evident as he explains his country’s history, traditions and culture – as only a true Kiwi can! When these Canucks return to New Zealand (and we will) Tom will be the first Kiwi we call. The best.
If you want to cover off Martinborough for value and time look no further than booking a private tour with Tom from Kaewa Tours. He took us to the top wineries and we got to go to an olive tasting as well. He is professional, on time and knowledgeable about the area and happy to accommodate all of our requests. We will be joining him again for another tour, all and all a great day out!! Book him he is great!
Patricia and I have visited New Zealand for five weeks in February 2020 and we were lucky to be referred to Tom for a one day visit of the Martinborough vineyards and Cape Palliser. Our day trip was very well organized, included visits of four reputable vineyards, a drive down to Cape Palliser and excellent lunch and early dinner. We enjoyed very much Tom’s company, his comments about NZ, his safe driving and friendliness and we highly recommend using Tom’s services to visit New Zealand.